Cauliflower, broccoli, and tones of flavor make up these vegetarian bites . Baked Vegetable balls will become your newest healthy addiction.
I pondered what to call these flavor packed veggie delights for well……. at least a few minutes. Nuggets, bits, poppers. Ultimately I went with my first inclination, balls. So let the jokes begin.
These are some darn good vegetarian balls if I do say so myself. Cauliflower, one of my favorite volume foods, is one of the main ingredients but I promise you won’t taste it. It is a low density vegetable, which I explain in this post HERE, so it does an excellent job of adding bulk to the balls without a lot of calories. The wonder veggie is also a great source of vitamins C and K as well as antioxidants and fiber.
No Squeezing, wringing, or extracting liquid involved!
I hate when I see recipes for cauliflower that call for trying to squeeze all the liquid out of the cooked cauliflower. It’s too much work and a pain in the butt. Not in this recipe. Just blend, microwave, stir and bake! Get your arm workout elsewhere .
The outside of the vegetable balls are heavily coated in everything seasoning. This creates a flavor packed crust encasing the tender veggies as it bakes.
So Sink your teeth into one and you get a party in your mouth. Start with a burst of flavor accompanied by a slight crunch from the outer shell. Next you are delighted with a light, airy and slightly creamy inside. I promise you will never be able to have just one. No one will know that you’re actually giving them something healthy-all they will taste is DELICIOUS!
Enjoy these healthy flavor bombs as a snack or as the veggie/carb component to a protein such as Turmeric Chicken . I love dunking them in fat-free ranch dressing or Pasta sauce.
Pin Vegetable Balls
- 200 grams (2 cups) cauliflower florets
- 100 grams (1 cup) broccoli florets
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) reduced fat garden vegetable cream cheese
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) fat-free ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon everything seasoning
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons everything season for rolling
- Place the cauliflower and broccoli in a food processor and pulse till they are the size of rice. Put your riced veggies in a microwave save bowl and microwave for 4 minutes uncovered.
- While the veggies are cooking turn the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the microwaved riced veggies excluding the seasoning for rolling. Stir everything together until well combined and you have a thick dough.
- Form the dough into 1 tablespoon size balls and roll in seasoning. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden on the outside.
You can use all cauliflower for this if you don't want to use broccoli as well.
At only 91 calories for 5 balls, have all 20 if you like! I do
If your as obsessed with cauliflower as I am you need to try these two recipes ASAP!
Do you love cauliflower?
Do you like to dunk your balls?
Are in in love with everything seasoning?