These vegan peanut butter banana muffins with chocolate chips are rich, moist, and a perfect way to start your day. Also, Peanut butter replaces a good amount of the oil making them lower in fat.
This was by far the most popular thing we sold at the coffee shop!
It wasn’t a normal day at work if our ovens weren’t jammed packed with sheet trays full of our vegan peanut butter banana bread. Slices would fly off the shelve quicker than we could bake them. This time, I wanted to see how they would turn out as muffins and I was not disappointed!
When the batter hits the heat of the oven WOW! Watch out, the neighbors might start swarming your door step. When these were baking at the coffee shop the aroma of the peanut butter and banana melting would drive the surrounding businesses wild.
Out of the oven these scrumptious vegan peanut butter banana muffins with chocolate chips are ready for consumption. Try one while the chocolate is still melty….Heaven.
When the loaves had finished baking at the coffee shop I would put them in the freezer for a quick chill (this makes for easier and cleaner slicing). Once cool enough I would set up my station to prep the bread for sale. I started by slicing all the heels off so Id be able to get eight uniform and beautifully thick slices out of each loaf. Then, Instead of throwing those end pieces away I would bag them up for my manager to snack on. This always seemed to make him happy and a happy manager makes for a happy store!
I bet he would happily gobble up a few (Dozen) of these vegan peanut butter banana muffins with chocolate chips. That boy could eat even more than I can!
- 2 cups of flour
- 11/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups mashed overripe bananas
- 1 cup packed brown sugar or sugar substitute
- ⅓ cup Peanut butter
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda
- In a medium bowl mix the bananas, sugar, peanut butter and canola oil
- Poor the banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir just till combined
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to incorporate
- Spoon the batter evenly into 12 greased muffin cups
- Bake in the oven 12-15 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.