This Turmeric Chicken will be your new go-to recipe. Lean chicken breasts coated heavily with turmeric cook up quick and easy in the skillet in minutes.
I’m sure you have heard all the health benefits of turmeric by now. The yellow member of the ginger family as gained quite a reputation as a superfood. Its been all over the internet lately, being praised for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant powers.
This is great, the “wonder” spice deserves it moment in the sun. But this is not why I’m making turmeric chicken. I am not claiming this chicken will protect you against cancer, Alzheimer’s, or any of the other benefits its being touted for. I’m making Turmeric Chicken because It tastes really good. It also has the benefit of bestowing a uniquely pretty orange glow to food.
So let’s do it.
Gather yourselves some thinly sliced chicken breasts, parchment paper, and a meat tenderizer to flatten the chicken. If you don’t own one you can use a rolling-pin, skillet or a brick.
Super simple step here, place your chicken between the parchment paper and pound away! I like to try to get my chicken to about 1/4 Inch.
Another easy one! I sprinkled on some salt, a little white pepper, everything seasoning, and a generous amount of turmeric.
Now place chicken in a hot skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes per side or until done. Remove from pan and squeeze a small amount of lemon juice on chicken.
Pin Turmeric Chicken
- 1 pound thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons everything seasoning
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- fresh lemon
- Place chicken breasts between parchment and pound to about ¼ inch.
- combine salt, pepper, everything seasoning and turmeric in a bowl and sprinkle over both sides of the chicken. Make sure the chicken is fully coated on both sides with the seasonings for maximum flavor.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. When the skillet is nice and hot place 2 chicken breasts in the skillet. You should hear a nice sizzle when you put the chicken in. If you don't the skillet is not hot enough. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove and continue with the rest of the chicken.
- Finish the chicken off with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and enjoy.
Have you tried turmeric because of all the health hype?
What is your favorite spice?