Chopped lettuce, smoky corn and black beans, grilled chicken, tangy BBQ sauce and creamy Ranch. Oh yeah, this Copycat Panera BBQ Chicken Salad packs a lot of flavor, plus Its as healthy as it is tasty.
Unless its for Sushi, as you saw in my post’s HERE and HERE, I don’t dine out all that often. Im cheap, I always have a freezer full of pre-made dinners, and I like making my own food. So I was pretty darn angry when one of the few things I do go out for was taken off the menu! So to start off corn week I am sharing with you my version of this item.
Im talking about the Panera BBQ chicken salad
On a rare lunch outing I was in shock and bewilderment when my staple Panera Bread order was no longer being served.
So I created my own at home, and you know what? Im happy this happened because its WAY better!
This Panera Copycat BBQ chicken Salad is loaded with twice the toppings for a fraction of the cost and calories. Crisp green lettuce, fresh tomato and smoky corn are the base. Meaty black beans and BBQ grilled chicken add plenty of protein.
Whole grain tortilla chips adorn the top for a nice crunch. A drizzle of BBQ sauce and ranch dressing round the salad masterpiece out.
I used G Hughes Sugar Free BBQ sauce for the first time when I made this salad. Im hooked. Its absolutely delicious and only 10 calories per 2 tablespoons. I hate wasting calories on condiments and sauces so this is perfect. I have had the Walden Farms zero calorie BBQ sauce and this is much better in my opinion. If you haven’t tired it, you need to.
Save money and get bigger portion sizes for less calories by make this Copycat Panera BBQ Chicken Salad at home. Another super satisfying Volume Food meal in the books my friends!
Pin Panera BBQ Chicken Salad
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 90 grams (1/3 cup) Sugar Free BBQ sauce
- 1 can corn, rinsed and drained ( or 2 fresh ears, grilled and kernels removed)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 340 grams (2 10 ounce bags) chopped romaine lettuce
- 149 grams (1 cup) cherry tomatos, halved
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) fat-free ranch dressing
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) sugar free bbq sauce
- 24 Crushed Tortilla chips
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes a side, brushing grilled side with BBQ sauce after flipping once. Remove chicken and let cool slightly, then chop chicken and set aside
- In a large bowl add lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, and corn. Drizzle with ranch and bbq sauce, toss and serve immediately. Top with crushed tortilla chips
Use firm tofu in place of the chicken cooking the same way you did the chicken.
Whats your favorite Panera Bread menu Item?
Have you tried G Hughes Sugar Free BBQ sauce?
Tell me something you ate out that you had to remake at home?
Do you eat out often?
Whats your favorite restaurant?
affilate links may be present.