Enjoy a Watermelon Soda or cocktail as a refreshing summer beverage. Make a pitcher for the whole family to enjoy or add some tequila for a delicious adult cocktail.
As a former Coffee Shop owner and someone who used to make drinks for a living, its high time I shared a drink recipe. I gave you Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Muffins and Oreo Cream Cheese Cookies. Both are fabulous, but beverages are the bread and butter of a coffee shop. Instead of the a caffeine laden concoction you might expect, I’m going Super Summery. I’m making…..
Watermelon Soda or Cocktail
To me watermelon is the definitive summer food. Shooting seeds, getting the sticky sweet flesh all over your face, oh yeah! The sight of a big ol melon just sends images of sunny fun-filled memories through my mind.
The bright watermelon flesh is delicious in this refreshing soda or cocktail. It provides a touch of sweetness without adding any extra sugar, although you can certainly add some if you like. I find this perfect as is. It’s a less sweet soda with a nice kick.
The kick comes from the fresh lime juice and tequila if you’re adding it. This soda tastes great both with and without the shot. You can make a big pitcher for the family to enjoy. Then when the kiddies hit the sack, turn it into an adult cocktail. Either way this watermelon soda is summer fun in a glass.
Pin Watermelon Soda
- 6 cups watermelon, chopped and seeded
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime salt
- 21/2 cups club soda, chilled
- ½ cup tequila (optional)
- lime wedges and more lime salt for serving
- Blend watermelon until smooth. Pour the puree into a sieve over a large bowl to strain. Discard the pulp or save for another use. You will be left with around 3 cups of watermelon juice.
- Mix the lime juice, salt, soda, and tequila if using into the watermelon juice.
- Poor into a pitcher and serve over ice with lime wedges and salt rimmed glasses.
Tell me a watermelon filled memory of yours!
What is your favorite summer food?