This healthy spinach pasta bake is only 405 calories per serving! It’s easy to make, quick to throw together, freezer friendly and a family pleaser!
If you think a creamy dish can’t fit into your healthy diet, you are wrong! I have already proven that with my creamy cauliflower risotto and creamy chicken with bacon and peas. But this casserole gives you REAL deal carbalicous pasta in a velvety sauce and you won’t have to save up an entire day worth of calories to enjoy it.
Basically, this Spinach Pasta Bake is EPIC!
And don’t worry, you aren’t going to get a minuscule portion that is only fit for my sisters American Girl Doll. You get 1/4 of the dish. That’s a heaping bowl full of luscious pasta. Plus it’s a complete meal all by itself so you don’t have to worry about serving anything with it.
Furthermore……..Yes, I know it gets even better! It takes all of 20 minutes to throw together. You can even make 2 casseroles and freeze one for later.
Spinach Pasta Bake is comfort food for busy people!
Ronzoni 150 calorie pasta, lean ground turkey, and spinach make this hearty and healthy. The sauce is a snap made with cream of mushroom soup, and cheese brings it all together.
Hold up, canned soup?
Before you get your boxers in a bunch/ panties in a twist, whatever your undergarment of choice, hear me out. Yes, there is salt and a list of other not perfect ingredients in the canned soup, but you know what? When I want creamy things super quick and effortless it delivers.
A little canned soup is not going to kill me, but if you are that against it, make your own cream of mushroom soup and use it in this recipe.
Either way, try this Creamy Spinach Pasta. Its quick, healthy and its DAMN GOOD!
- 168 grams (6 ounces) Ronzoni 150 calorie pasta
- 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 16 ounces 90% lean ground turkey
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 112 grams (1/2 cup) fat-free cream cheese
- 10¾ ounce can reduce fat cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 56 grams (1/2 cup) mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray an 8x8 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat, spray with cooking spray and add ground turkey. Sauté, breaking the meat up into pieces, until fully cooked. Drain off fat then add in spinach, diced tomatoes, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook 3 minutes more and turn off heat.
- Mix in cooked pasta, cream cheese, soup and milk stirring until the cream cheese melts.
- Pour pasta mixture into prepared casserole dish, top with cheese and bake in oven 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and everything is heated through.
Do you crave creamy pasta dishes?
Are you often disappointed by a recipes portion size?