You will love Cutting into a Runny Egg Quesadilla and releasing the velvety yolk . Filled with roasted potato, cheddar cheese and al fresco chicken bacon this breakfast is fast, easy, and healthy.
Just look at that yolk! Tell me that doesn’t make you want to go make this immediately!
Let me introduce you to my highly evolved Runny Egg Quesadilla.
Normally I would grab out some ranch, bbq, pea guacamole, what ever I’m feeling that day and gob some on the plate for dipping. I’m most definitely a sauce guy and like to get my dunking on. But not with this runny egg quesadilla. Nope, this guy is so cool, it doesn’t need a sauce cause it makes its own. You could say its a smart meal, years ahead of its fellow kind.
And let me tell you, when the smooth savory yolk oozes out of the soft tortilla mixing with the al fresco chicken bacon, cheese and Potato inside….WOW, Kablam, Zing! It’s really good.
On top of that it’s also healthy. It has the perfect balance of protein, carbs, and healthy fat to fuel your morning. It’s easy to make and only takes a few minutes to put together. Change out the ingredients to fit your taste. Replacing the potato with avocado is really good and adds more rich creaminess.
Don’t like a runny egg?
Go sit in the corner you are not my friend. Only kidding, just cook it a little longer for a fully cooked whole egg surprise inside instead.
However you make this, its gosh darn yummy!
Runny Egg Quesadilla
The kind people at DonPancho sent me an incredibly generous care package of their goodies to try. The Gordita Tortillas are the first things I dug out to make this quesadilla. Let me tell you they are incredible. Super soft,authentic tasting, and they crisp up perfectly without using any oil or butter at all. I can’t wait to tear into the tortilla chips ( a bag of blue corn tortillas is calling my name), white and yellow corn tortillas, and other goodies they sent. If you’re looking for really fresh authentic Mexican products I highly recommend you check this company out.
Brace yourself, this is Sinfully good!
- 2 flour tortillas
- 50 grams cooked roasted potato wedges
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices precooked alfresco chicken bacon, chopped
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) fat free cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Place a tortilla in the skillet over medium heat. Place half of the roasted potato wedges in a circle around the rim of half the tortilla and across the middle. Make sure to put the potato close together and touching. You are creating a barrier to hold the egg.
- Crack an egg into the center of your potato ring, sprinkle half to the bacon and cheese over the top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the other empty side of the tortilla over the filling and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the tortilla is golden brown and crisp.
- Flip, turning over carefully with a spatula and cook another 2-3 minutes and golden and crisp on that side.
- Remove from the skillet and repeat with the other tortilla and rest of the ingredients.
- Serve immediately
Since an open bag of Don Panchos tortillas is staring at me, I would utilize them once again for lunch. This time in the form of burritos.
Cauliflower rice I had leftover from making Creamy Cauliflower risotto with Peas, lean ground chicken, salsa, cheddar cheese, and shredded lettuce make up my burrito filling. This meal did on heck of a job of filling my stomach beyond the point of satisfaction!
Those burritos kept me full all the way through dinner. So a large slice of Strawberries and Cream Pie would be dinner and dessert all rolled into one.
Questions of the day?
Have you tried donpancho brand?
Have you tried al fresco chicken bacon? (I love this stuff and need to try their other products!)
Tell me something amazing you ate today.