An extra-large Red Velvet Cookie for One studded with chocolate chips and a decadent cream cheese swirl. This gorgeous delight is gluten-free, Sugar free and only 250 calories.
I enjoy my chocolate chip cookie for one so much that I have started playing around with different flavors. So far this red velvet one is my favorite! Lets discuss the reasons why.
For starters it’s a Beautiful soft and chewy cookie with a sprinkling of chocolate chips. The taste is rich and chocolaty with a hint of vanilla. It also happens to be gluten-free, sugar-free, and only 250 calories. All of this alone makes for a swoon worthy piece of heaven. But what really sets this cookie apart…… the cream cheese swirl!
Oh yeah, a stream of cheesecake flavor swirls through this cookie for a creamy delight.
I use coconut oil in the recipe but an equal amount of real butter works just as well. If you’re looking to lower the fat and calories you can leave the oil out and substitute 2 tablespoons of either a butter substitute or applesauce. If you do opt for the oil free version the only difference is you will get a more cake like texture.
Preheat your ovens because in less than 10 minutes you will have…..
A Red velvet cookie all to yourself!
- 21 grams (1/4 cup) gluten-free flour
- 5 grams (1 tablespoon) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 grams (1 teaspoon) cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 24 grams (2 tablespoons) granulated sugar substitute
- 14 grams (1 tablespoons) coconut oil
- ⅛ teaspoon cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 grams (1/2 tablespoon) egg substitute
- red food coloring as desired
- 7 grams (1/2 tablespoon) chocolate chips, optional
- For the cream cheese swirl:
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) fat-free cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 grams (1/2 tablespoon) granulated sugar substitute
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini skillet with cooking spray and set aside .
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the sugar, coconut oil, vinegar , vanilla, egg, and food coloring.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips and put the batter in to the skillet.
- Combine all the cream cheese swirl ingredients in a bowl and mix together until smooth. Spoon the cream cheese mix over the batter in the skillet. With a toothpick or knife swirl the cream cheese with the cookie batter.
- bake the cookie for 8-10 minutes or until the edges begins to brown.
Instead of pouring the batter into the skillet, form the dough into a disco and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Swirl in the cream cheese frosting and bake as directed.
Items you might want for this recipe:
Mini Cast Iron Skillet
(guys seriously I love this thing!)
Gluten free flour
Swerve granulated sugar substitute
( This is my favorite sugar substitute out of all that I have tried, and I have tried a lot)
What is your dream cookie flavor?
This Post contains affiliate links and by clicking on them you support my blog. I only promote items and brands that I personally use and like myself!