Easy make ahead oatmeal baked in the oven with a sticky pecan pie topping! Pecan Pie Oatmeal is a wholesome breakfast that tastes like dessert.
Want Pecan Pie for breakfast?
Go ahead with this nutritious packed, yet decadent tasting pecan pie oatmeal!
Your average pecan pie is loaded with around 30 grams of sugar per tiny slice and over 500 calories. Well, what if I told you can have all that amazingly sweet and gooey flavor in a good for you breakfast that:
- Has no refined sugar
- Is high in fiber
- Low in fat
- make ahead
- 251 calories
Sign me up right?!
Tender oatmeal baked in the oven makes up the base for this hearty breakfast pie. Its spiked with cozy cinnamon and vanilla and smells out of this world good. Think of it as the crust to your pie.
The topping, oh this topping! Your going to want to face plant into this. We blend dates with maple syrup, spread it over the oatmeal and sprinkle with pecans. It goes into the oven one more time and your left with a thick layer of bubbling sweet goodness adorned with toasty pecans in every bite.
My favorite way to enjoy this Pecan Pie Oatmeal is in a bowl drizzled with a heavy helping of my homemade sweetened condensed almond milk!
Your pie for breakfast dreams have become a reality!
- Oatmeal base:
- 120 grams (11/2 cups)old-fashioned oatmeal
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 11/4 cups unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 169 grams (3/4 cup) non-fat greek yogurt
- 46 grams (3 tablespoons) egg substitute, or 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup swerve granulated sweetener
- Pecan pie topping:
- 220 grams (1 cup) soft pitted medjool dates
- ½ cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 42 grams (1/3 cup) pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8x8 in baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine oatmeal and next 4 ingredients (through cinnamon). In another bowl mix the remaining oatmeal base ingredients then add to the oatmeal mixture stirring to combine. Spread the batter into the greased pan, cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10-20 minutes more or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the oatmeal bakes make the topping. Blend the dates, maple syrup and milk together in a blender until smooth.
- When the oatmeal is finished baking remove from oven and spread gently with the date mixture. sprinkle evenly with pecans and return to oven to bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice and enjoy or cover and store fridge for ready to go breakfasts all week.
Pecan Pie Oatmeal travels well! Make it as part of your meal prep. for quick grab and go meals.
Tell me the truth, have you had pie for breakfast?
What is your favorite pie?
Do you like using dates as a sugar replacement?