Masala Grilled Shrimp and Scallops with a Creamy Couscous Risotto is an easy but fancy looking dish. Fast cooking and fresh ingredients make a healthy meal perfect for summer.
Shrimp and scallops cook up in a matter of minutes on the grill. Brightly seasoned, they come out fork tender and are the perfect pair with a creamy risotto.
Not your traditional risotto, who likes being stuck for 20 minutes at the stove tending to a pot of rice on a hot summers day. This is a quick , no stirring required risotto. Israeli couscous cooks in only 8 minutes. Flavored cream cheese melts beautifully into the pasta pearls for a luscious, creamy, fast and healthy side dish.
The whole meal takes around 20 minutes start to finish. This way you can enjoy and be a part of the celebration and not stuck in the kitchen.
What better way to start the day than with cinnamon buns with lots of icing! I got up early to go through the process of making these babies.
Nothing healthy about these rolls, just the way Dad likes it. But this did ignite a burning want to create a super healthy version for myself……….and I did! It turned out better than I ever dreamed. I’m really excited about it, so be on the lookout for that in the future.
Stone fruit Couscous salad with goat cheese was lunch. This recipe was in last weeks newsletter.
The fresh plums are so good now and make everything so beautiful!
After a delicious and filling lunch I hit up the golf course with my dad little. Theres no better way to bond with your father then on a golf course! Plus we tried out the new Taylor Made TP5 golf balls and WE LOVED THEM!
Masala Grilled Shrimp and Scallops with Creamy Risotto
An ideal special occasion or anytime dish for the hot summer weather! Healthy, quick, easy and delicious!
- For the Seafood:
- ½ pound scallops, cleaned and beards removed
- ½ pound shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 tablespoons masala blend seasoning
- For the Risotto:
- 75 grams (3/4 cup) dry weight, Israeli couscous
- ½ cup broth
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) low fat garden vegetable cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh lemon
- parsley and parmesan for topping
- For the seafood:
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Coat the seafood with the seasoning and place on the grill coated with cooking spray. Cook 1-2 minutes per side or until cooked.
- For the Risotto:
- Cook the couscous according to package directions. Place the cooked couscous in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the broth, cream cheese and salt and pepper and cook staring until the cream cheese melts and everything gets nice and creamy. Remove from heat and top with a squeeze of fresh lemon, herbs and parmesan if desired.
My Dads favorite Strawberries and Cream Tart! I did not get any of this, my dad ate the entire tart by himself. I will have to make myself another.
Questions of the day:
What did you do for fathers Day?
What is your favorite seafood?
Would you like a healthy, high protein , single serving cinnamon roll recipe?