Cook this Healthy Turkey Chili recipe and you can create three different meals. It’s high in protein, low in fat and only 331 calories per serving. You can make it in the crock pot or on the stove top. The best part is the flavor gets better each day.
Much like my homemade pizza dough, this Healthy turkey chili has been in the Looney rotation for as long as I can remember. When ground turkey goes on sale, I snatch up a couple pounds, make a double batch, then freeze half. It’s perfectly spiced, hearty, and stick to your ribs good!
In addition this thick and rich tasting dish is a nutritional superstar. Made with lean ground meat and kidney beans, it provides 25 grams of protein in each hearty bowl. And with only 6 grams of fat and 331 calories you’re left with plenty of room to go crazy with toppings. I top it differently every time, depending on my Looney mood, or whats in my fridge.
Chili only gets better as it sits making it ideal for leftovers. Cook up a big batch and get three different meals out of it.
Cook Once Eat 3x
Day 1) Turkey chili with a side of cornbread
Day 2) Turkey chili over rice or pasta
Day 3) Turkey Chili dogs
- 1 pound ground Turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 15 ounce cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounce can of corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Crock pot directions:
- Cook the turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic in a skillet over medium heat until the turkey is cooked. Drain off the fat and transfer the mixture to a crock pot.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and cover with the lid.
- Let it cook in the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- Stove top directions:
- Cook the turkey, onion, bell pepper and garlic in a large dutch oven over medium heat until the turkey is cooked. Drain off the fat and add the remaining ingredients. Bring the mixture to a simmer and continue cooking 30 minutes.
Shredded cheese, sour cream or greek yogurt, avocado, tortilla chips, jalapeño slices, shredded lettuce.
Whether you make it on the stove top or in the crock pot this healthy turkey chili comes together quickly and with minimal effort.
Other Cook once eat 3x recipes:
Do you have another great way to use chili?