A super easy recipe for a Crustless Spinach Quiche that oozes with cheesy goodness. Fill up on this high protein, low carb and almost completely fat-free brunch staple any time of day.
Notice my matching dishes in the above picture. I was very excited to get myself a set. I think the fact that matching dishes did excite me means I’m becoming more adult like. Oh no! Furthermore I found extreme happiness in the fact that I got them at a good price and with Free Shipping from Corelle.com! I’m turning into my penny-pinching mother. Gasp!
Anyway, why I come to grips with this growing up realization, let’s get back to the food.
Want to Eat 1/2 of an entire quiche for under 400 calories?
How many of you put your hands in the air? I did,” I threw my hands in the air like I just don’t care!”
See, I’m not to grown up, but I’ll put Dorky Looney in the corner, so we can talk quiche.
Quiche is one of the easiest dishes to transform into a low-calorie meal. First step is ditching the crust, although if you prefer you can definitely bake this recipe in one. Using all egg whites and almond milk for the custard is step two. And finally using a combo of low-fat and cottage cheese does the trick. Add to all of that a large dose of spinach and you have a waist friendly masterpiece that would make pop eye proud.
As an added bonus this crustless spinach Quiche provides 23 grams of protein, as well as iron, calcium, vitamin k, fiber…….should I go on? You get it, its good for you. The best part is all that comes in a VERY large portion size for only 187 calories!
Volume food win right here my friends!
This slimmed down crustless spinach quiche comes together in minutes. You can make it in advance and serve hot, cold or at room temperature making it great for entertaining.
Healthy, Quick, Yummy!
- 2 (10 ounce boxes) frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and well drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 112 grams (1 cup) low-fat shredded cheese, I used a mix of cheddar and mozzarella
- 8 egg whites, or 1 cup cartoned eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 113 grams (1/2 cup) fat-free cottage cheese
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9 inch plate with cooking spray.
- Heat a skillet coated with cooking spray to medium-high heat. Place all of the spinach in the skillet, add the garlic, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Salute until any remains water as cooked out of the spinach and the garlic is fragrant. Remove for heat and place evenly in the bottom of the prepared pie plate. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the spinach.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and cottage cheese until combinedAdd in salt and pepper. Pour this over the spinach and cheese in the pie plate.
- Bake the quiche until it is golden brown on top and the center is no longer jiggly. This should take around 20-25 minutes but it depends on your oven.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then serve and enjoy.
- Store leftovers in covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Baked quiches freeze really well. Thaw overnight and bake at 350 degrees to warm up for 25 min covered.
Just Look at those Nutrition states!
When I am making this quiche I always make two. I do this because, just like my Healthy Chili and Turkey Meatloaf, it freezes well. Also because its so low calorie that I usually eat 1/2 of the quiche in one sitting, so I like to have a backup quiche ready for me.
Do you have matching dishes?
What was your Oh Crap Im an adult moment?
Do you like to eat your quiche cold, warm, or at room temperature?
This post contains affiliate links