Say hello to Healthy Totchos. Crispy veggie tots topped like nachos make eating your veggies addicting!
Totchos – that would be tater tots masquerading as nachos – are one hell of a mash-up! There’s certainly no shortage of recipes for them online but I’m pretty happy with my healthy version!
We start with the actual tot. Using my baked veggie balls for your standard frozen bagged potato tot improves the good for you factor right off the bat.
Next, we layer on the nacho fixings. I have used LOTS of cheddar cheese and fresh tomato but the sky is the limit.
My only suggestion is to make sure you evenly layer your tots and ingredients so that every tot has toppings from the first to the last!
Everyone will be begging for more veggies when you serve up Healthy Totchos.
- 1 recipe Baked Veggie balls, cooked according to recipe directions
- 56 grams (2 ounces) kraft fat-free cheddar cheese
- 56 grams (2 ounces) Cabot 75% reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 240 grams (1 cup) salsa or fresh diced tomato
- toppings of choice: shredded lettuce, sour cream, avocado, scallions, bacon bits.....
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Arrange cooked veggie balls in a casserole dish or baking tray and top with cheese. Bake for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with toppings of choice and enjoy.
Add any cooked meat or Meatless crumbles on top of the veggie balls before the cheese.
Have you had totchos?
What are your favorite nacho toppings?