Fresh Spinach, tender roasted beets, crunchy shredded carrots, hard-boiled eggs and a creamy blue cheese dressing. Have a Spinach Beet Salad for a light and healthy high protein meal.
Just a few simple ingredients take plain spinach from boring to Salad Heaven. Hardboiled eggs make it hearty and filling. Obviously its got the greens. Roasted beets thrown in the mix along with crisp shredded carrots add vibrant color and sweetness. Rounding everything off is a creamy greek yogurt based dressing making for salad perfection.
You can used canned beets if your in a crunch, but roasting them really is a breeze. All you do is give them a quick scrub, wrap in foil, and cook. They come out perfect every time with no hands on work.
Once they cool the skin slides right off and they are ready to be chopped and used in your salad!
I Enjoyed this salad as a Brunch with my mom over the weekend. It’s the perfect meal for us to have together because its vegetarian for her but is still super filling for a large appetite like mine.
Plus it provides over 30 grams of protein making it ideal as a post workout meal.
You’ll make this Spinach Beet Salad over and over again!
Spinach Beet Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
- 200 grams (about 2 large ) beet, raw, scrubbed, leaves trimmed
- 8 eggs, hardboiled
- 200 grams (about 6 cups) baby spinach
- 80 grams (1 cup) shredded carrots
- ½ cup homemade blue cheese dressing(recipe below)
- Dressing (makes about 1 cup):
- 113 grams (1/2 cup) non-fat cottage cheese
- 56 grams (1/4 cup) non-fat plain greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 28 grams (1/4 cup) crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 2 pieces of aluminum foil with cooking spray and wrap each beet in it. Place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until cooked through, approximately 45-60 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool, peel and slice into thick slices or cubes.
- While the beets cook make the dressing. Add cottage cheese, yogurt, milk, vinegar, salt, and pepper to a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl, add cheese and stir mashing until the cheese is incorporated. Store in fridge to thicken while the beets cook.
- When the beets are ready prepare the salad. Peel hard-boiled eggs, remove and discard 3 of the yolks, chop the remaining yolk and whites.
- Toss spinach, carrots and ¼ cup of the dressing in a large bowl. Divide evenly among to serving plates and top with beets and eggs. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
I spirilized my carrots because I think it is pretty but you can use shredded.
For all of you shopping warriors still rounding up your Christmas gifts, I can tell you this Beet Salad is good fuel for hitting the mall. After devouring this mountainous meal my mother and I power shopped for a good 4 hours. Then headed to the Cheesecake Factory for Dinner.
I didn’t get a picture of my food but I had the Chicken Castoleta. I highly recommend! It is not healthy by any means but this was a belated birthday dinner. So I threw any thoughts of calories, fat, and macros out the window and enjoyed.
Have I told you I never skip dessert? I sure have! Just check out any of my WIAW posts and you will see I always end my night on a sweet note. Tonights was a big bowl of pumpkin cookie dough.
Im going to turn orange from eating so much of this! But at 287 calories, 27 grams of protein and 10 grams of fiber, I don’t feel bad about this vegan treat at all. (This was a recipe that went out to my newsletter subscribers, to get recipes like this and so much more in your inbox every week sign up at the top of the screen)