Homemade pasta is super easy to make, here is how its done:
This Homemade pasta is super easy it only needs three ingredients!!!
First, put three cups of flour in a bowl and make a well in the center. Then, have your sister crack six eggs in a bowl and add it to the well.
Mix the eggs into the flour with a mixture or your good ole hands. When it starts to form a ball pour the dough onto your counter and need it a few times, or till its smooth and elastic. Roll it into a ball, cover and let rest for fifteen minutes.
While the dough is resting fill a large pot with water and get it boiling.
Once the pasta has rested roll out the dough to your desired thickness. I like a thin pasta so I rolled my dough as thin as I could get it without it breaking. To do this you can either use a pasta roller or simply use a rolling-pin.
Dust your rolled pasta with cornstarch and cut into 6-8 inch wide sheets.
Next cut the pasta into your favorite size and shape. Once cut, put your pasta strips into more corn starch to prevent them from sticking together in the water.
Homemade Pasta cutting tip:
Now for the fun part, cooking the pasta! drop your cut and dusted strips into the water and wait for them to start floating before taking them out. Lastly, the BEST part, top your noodles with delicious vodka sauce, cheese, or whatever you want and enjoy your simple homemade pasta.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon
- 6 eggs
- Put the flour and salt in a bowl and make a well.
- crack the eggs in a bowl and add to the well in the flour.
- Mix the eggs into the flour either by hand or with the dough hook of a stand mixer
- when the mixture starts to come together to from a ball take the dough out of the bowl and need with your hands till smooth and elastic.
- Shape the dough into a ball, cover and let rest for 15 min.
- While the dough is resting get a large pot full of water and bring to a boil.
- Once the dough has rested roll it out to your desired thickness with a pasta roller or a rolling pin. Cut the dough into sheets 6-8 inches wide and dust with cornstarch.
- Fold each sheet of dusted pasta in half, then fold in half again.
- Cut the folded sheets into strips of desired width. Shake them out to separate and put on a plate coated with more cornstarch. Continue cutting all the sheets till all the pasta is cut.
- Drop the pasta into the boiling water and let cook a few minutes or till it floats to the top.
- Drain well and enjoy.
Don’t forget to sign up for my emails and get a free gift!